View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart Our first date & then some~

First, I'd like to say I did answer this to Shelley with a PM. I met Bob at a sKating rink, and he ask me out on a date. I probably wouldn't of went, but I figured I could skate more, cause I used all my money skating. We started going other places and I just quit skating altogether till we got our adopted son. Then we trained him, and since he was very active he became an expert at it. I could skate backward, but he could do anything. It was just natural for him.

Anyway, back to Bob. I met him when I was 15 & he was 18. I hadn't dated many guys at that time and after I turned 16 that summer, we started going steady. I had his ring & he had mine. Somewhere during that time we fell in love before I graduated. We got married in September. I don't remember him having hobbies then, but he did draw & I did too. In a couple yrs. we went in the service and I went with him to El Paso, TX. He had more spare time there and took up many hoppies. For one thing he liked to make ships with thread. He also made a ship and a deer out of copper wire. At the end of this I'll post a the Deer he made & I gave it away to a nephew because he wanted something that Uncle Bob had made. After he died, many people wanted things he made. We had a auction sale and there was 1000 people there to buy his things. I just couldn't believe he was so popular at this time.I took so much for granted. He turned out to be a machanic & he could build anything. He even built a Farris Wheel. I have picture of it too. He built rocking chairs for dolls out of horse shoes. He even built a large grass hopper lawnmower that everyone wanted when he died. Anything he ever owned went for a high price.

Shelley, I am sorry I didn't get around to telling you all this either. Anne, awoke something in me that has come to the surface. I introduced her to him before he died on the telephone, before he was real sick. Anyway, he was my only ture love and I miss him so much. More than I can say in words. Don't take your husbands for granted, be the best wife you can be to them. Bob was kind and soft spoken and if someone couldn't pay him, he would work for free.
_____
Billie

This is one of the pic's Bob made.

Last edited by Fancylady_2006; 04-10-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote