View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default The grocery store makes me insane!

The lights, the shine reflecting off of surfaces, the perfumes, the chatter of little children, and mothers who are not watching them. The bright colors of the packages, the people pushing into you so they can get to whatever item is behind you (doesnt matter where you stand, someone wants to tuck up next to you.) the coupon sorting, and remembering the list in your head.....AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I swear I have such melt downs in the grocery store.

Standing in the middle of the shampoo isle the hubby says "do we need veggies?" Um.....no idea! Blank look on my face, clearly the lights were on but no one was home. DH said "i will get them, just stand here. I will be right back." by the time he came back I was a tiny bit better, but clearly struggling.

Am I going insane? Why cant I shop? Shopping used to be a pleasure. I used to think of all the recipes I would make and try, and think of others that I could adjust. I was a champion at coupons, and knew how to match the sale price to the coupon price, and bla blah....now....I cant figure out how many ounces I need of this product to qualify for the coupon, even tho it says it right there!

I froze, standing near tears clearly lost, ready to start shouting "GET AWAY FROM ME!" to folks that passed by too closely. They are going to lock me up some day.

anyone else get this way? Do I need to go be checked into an insane hospital?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-23-2012), dmplaura (05-06-2012), Indie'sOK (04-28-2012), Kitt (04-23-2012), Kitty (04-23-2012), Mariel (04-29-2012), SallyC (04-23-2012)