View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco4586 View Post
Is it normal to spread this fast? It hurts so bad..... I haven't slept in 3 days nothing is helping.... Any suggestions? I just wanna sleep..... Dont know how much more I can take......... My whole leg feels like it is on fire.......

D

Sorry to hear this

With my rsd, it initially started in my right foot but spread within a week to the shin (right below the knee). Then after about 5 months, it spread to my left foot and shin (same areas, still excluding the knee). Then it was also slowy spreading into my arms at that time but I fought through it the best I could because of fear of losing my mobility and independence. Since it was spreading very slowly into my arms, I could tolerate things easier at first. Then it hit me hard in both arms all of a sudden after about 2 months of fighting through it. Then I started therapy shortly after that and about a week or two after I started walking, I stopped crawling around on my knees and it spread to my right knee.

I guess the rate it spreads varies with each person. There is no clear rhyme or reason to it all. This evil RSD has a mind of its own.

Lack of sleep is a killer. On good nights, I sleep somewhat decent, but on the not so good nights, it takes me forever to fall asleep and I don't stay asleep very long. I still haven't found anything to really work. I used to try tylenol with codeine but that had no affect whatsoever.

Best of luck to you

Nikki
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote