View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos2 View Post
Any info on elbow pain in TOS patients would be very welcome. I have pain and hypersensitivity in my elbow and along forearm on the outer side.
Anything that helps resolve it? Could it be cubital tunnel syndrome? or is it something that some TOS patients just get from time to time?
My physician referred me to this surgeon who specializes in pheripheral nerve surgery, and he wants to do a PSSD, kind of an emg to see if my pain issues are coming from my elbow and radiating upwards towards the shoulder. If it comes positive, he was suggesting a cubital tunnel surgery.
I wonder if there are any therapy options first??
Should an EMG of the whole arm be done, what if the pain is coming from the brachial plexus?
I am confused, any input would be appreciated.
Hi stos2 , I have arm pain,elbow pain and into my pinkie. This is a telltale sign of TOS and mine stems from the shoulder muscles in spasm and nerves being compressed in the Brachial plexus. It hurts with use ,computer,writing etc. I cant work because I draw with my arm/hand all day and I'm sure was the cause. My Dr.(Jordan) did a ulnar nerve ultrasound to make sure it was not the ulnar nerve. I had an EMG/NCV ,but did not confirm TOS only disc radiculopathy. I have had botox,trigger pt injections,and am doing pt and I just tried a trigger pt massage. So far,some of the pain has improved ,but traps and arm pain still there. Part of it is that my muscles are so weak, they need to be strengthened before they can work again. Hoping for pt,acupunture and massage to do its thing now that the muscles are a little more relaxed.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stos2 (04-25-2012)