View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Stos:

I do diaphragmatic breathing, but I prefer the Feldenkrais method of breathing. It seems to move more ribs and expand into the brachial plexus more than Peter's method. I also use his air pillow, ball on a stick and 3" and 6" foam roller. I strengthen my longus colli with simple chin tucks rather than the whole blood pressure apparatus. I do this routine twice a day. It does feel good to do it along with cardio.

The only thing which has really helped me though is manual therapy. I receive 2+ hours of hands on therapy per week focused on myofascial release and breaking up scar tissue and adhesions. I wish I had done this at the start of my problems. I will be returning to an Osteopath soon.

Where are you in the East Bay? There was/is a PT in Berkeley named Lori Sweet who treats TOS. I can't find a link for her as she is either no longer in practice or I'm spelling her name wrong. Dr. Ellis would probably have a contact number for her.

Anne

Add-on Edit: Sorry to read Peter is no longer practicing. He's such a nice guy and always a comfort when in pain.

Last edited by Anne4tos; 04-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Anne4tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote