View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

I had a discectomy in Jan. L5 and S1, it has been 4 months since my surgery. I am having a lot of swelling still at, and around the incesion site, with aching and stiffness. I can't raise my right arm over my head and it hurts to move it, I also have pain that runs down my right leg. My doctor ordered another MRI last month and he said the only thing that he saw was scare tissue and that would not cause my pain. I don't currently take any pain meds because of the fear of becoming dependent upon them. I go back to see him on the 1st of May and I am afraid that he is going to tell me that he has done all for me that he can. I am only 42 and I work for the state, I can not work with any type of restrictions, but I also know that I cannot return to work in this much pain. I can barely do any thing at all and if I exert myself at all I become stiff and sore and in constant pain. I understand where your coming from with the pain, and not being able to function normally. I have undergone PT 4 different times with no relief and I figure if my doctor does anything he will order more PT. I wish I could tell you something that would help you but I guess I am in the same position as you, frustrated and feeling helpless.
Scanode69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote