Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SOUTHIE--Real Test Bug Huh?

Sounds like you ran through the same series/sequence, conglomeration of tests I myself have done. I had everything done to localize my epileptic activity with the exception of the Inner Cranial Epilepsy Monitoring(Brain Imaging), just doing the VEEG was enough to find the , I'll call it the: "Poison" that troubled me for just over 3.5 years. I too was a candidate for Epilepsy Surgery, but also turned out to be a patient, which I'm grateful for and happy to say I'm doing fine now!!! To the best of my knowledge, the Epilepsy Surgery is showing the best results for Partial Seizures...them (Seizures) typically being in the Temporal Lobe(s). Ina previous post, I revealed that in May '04 I had a Right Temporal Lobectomy and Partial Hippocampus removal. Where has your Epilepsy been said to be localized/focused? You said that now your Seizures have been under control with the various Anti-Epileptics, which you've gotta be happy about, but should you find yourself unfortunate and the Seizures start again...please, please, go for the surgery!!! It's changed my life and I'm certain it'll do the same for you.
Not sure where you live right now, but I will suggest University of Pennsylvania in Philly. The Penn Epilepsy Center and Neurosurgery Dept. is AWESOME! Good Luck, and Best of Health--Keep those Seizures Dormant!

Clutch8185@aol.com