View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pain management Dr tells me its not coming from my spine

After months of continus pain and talking with my personal Dr, I finally decided to go to a pain clinic. The Dr is also a chiropractor. After we talked and he went over my medical records which included an MRI ( medical records confirmed these back conditions: facet arthropathy, neurogenic claudication, Neural foraminal stenosis at 4 levels, sciatica, 3 herniated discs, 4 bulging discs, loss of disc space at L5-S1, loss of disc space at L4-5 and bone spurs ) and he did some tests of movements and a leg raise test, then he tells me that I am not getting my pain from my spine but that I am getting my pain from my butt muscles. I just kind of went along with things and even got some shots in my butt to relax my butt muscles, which did nothing for my pain and I told him this. He wrote me a script for Lortab and gabapentin and said to come back in 2 weeks. After I left I called the wife and told her about the incident and she said " if he is doubting you with all those documents from the other Drs then get rid of him" After I got to thinking about it, why should I use a Dr that doesnt beleive my pain is coming from my spine when I know for a fact thats where its coming from? He is trying to make me look like a liyer or some kind of pillhead just making things up so I can get a script of Lortabs! Now I am PO'd !! Should I even bother getting a script from this Dr and see what he plans to do next or, should I just get rid of him and get another pain Dr before I fill my scripts???
oldcarp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote