View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariya25 View Post
ten years has passed since i lost my brother the pain is not as intense but it is something i will live with for the rest of my life i feel like i will never be whole again i miss him and love him and never forget him has anybody here lost a family member does it get any easier
It's been twenty two years since our son killed himself. He left us, and three sisters behind, and an eight year old son. He never lived long enough to see his neices and nephews, his grandchildren. It took me years to get over my anger at his actions and the guilt I felt as a mother who is supposed to protect her child...even from himself.

It took me years to come to "acceptance" and forgiveness...to remember him now with only love. His now grown son has yet to take this journey...continues to ask "if he loved me so, how could he have done this?"

So to answer your question...does it get any easier? Jaded is right, It gets "different".

Glad you joined us and welcome to this "family".

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (05-26-2012), Addy (04-25-2012), barbo (04-25-2012), Doody (05-29-2012), tamiloo (05-09-2012)