View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Did the VA do your shunt for hydrocephalus?

I was wondering if the Veterans Administration did your shunt for the hydrocephalus. I am a veteran rated the same as you but I am having a hard time with them wanting to treat my hydrocephalus or send me to a neurosurgeon. In Wichita it is fee based, both the MRI and the visit to the neurosurgeon. They keep getting me the run around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC49 View Post
Hi Ripplegirl99,
I'm a 50 yo, I was diagnosed with enlarge ventricles and tention headaches 1987. I was hit on the head during combat manevurers in 1980. The actual ediolgy is unknown,however I can trace my headaches back to that incident. I had shunt surgery 12/2006, because of complication during surgery a Subdural Hemotoma developed requiring additional surgeries 4 to be exact. I guess I'm doing well, still on pain meds to control headaches, My short term memory got worse I currently am 100% IU 80% SC P&T and getting SSDI at a 100% rate. I can no longer earn a living. Its good I had paid enough into Social Security and served 18 years in the military. My life has totally changed.

Don't mean to scare anyone, but this is a terrible condition. According to my wife I'm much better, because I use to passout alot, get lost, lost by vision and the headaches were unbarable. I still have bad headaches,severe memory problems, depression, balance problems etc.. I would have the surgery again if I were in the same situation. I'm tried of writing. If someone has specific question to ask me I'll do my best to share my experience with you.
God Bless you
rbasham is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote