Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 05:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch8185 View Post
You said that now your Seizures have been under control with the various Anti-Epileptics, which you've gotta be happy about, but should you find yourself unfortunate and the Seizures start again...please, please, go for the surgery!!! It's changed my life and I'm certain it'll do the same for you.
I was born with it.

I had seizure-free breakthroughs but these stupid HMO's that my ex kept changing or the company kept changing, and the stupid clauses they had "pre-existing condition" often kept me at bay, so it would keep me away from a Neurologist or what-nologist.

But strangely, there was a shift somewhere in the 1990s' where the temporal lobe went from the left to the right - and everything's on the right side of my brain now.

I suffer from Tonic Clonics & Complex Partials - but after 2005, something happened, where it's now Complex Partials with Secondary Generalized and it's resulting Todd's Paresis, hence had mild spells in the year of 2006, and it was effecting my cardiac system (originally they thought it was TIA ~ but the Cardiologist finally caught it) and then I got hit with a moderate Todd's in Summer of 2006 - had to undergo battery of Tests again - but due to the failed WADA - because the Nurse administered some meds that puts me to sleep before asking me if these puts you to sleep, the WADA was called off half way through the procedure, and due to the angio-seal - I had to wait 90 days before the next procedure can be done.

Even in the many MRI's, C-Scans, etc - it's all shifted to the RIGHT, for once before everything was on the left, is now on the right, and with neurodegenerative hotspots showing in addition.

Meanwhile they had to put me on some other AED's in place. So by looking at the history - sounding like a "Wedding" Something old, Something new ...

Dilantin, Mysoline, Klonopin - are all old anticonvulsants (AED's) that have always worked with me with virtually no side effects....

Zonegran / Zonisamide - is a newer drug that I can take with no side effects at all.

Phenobarbital & Keppra are the first two on the top of the list of what NOT to give me ...

Since I'm allergic to Tegretol ~ I got kind of mad at my Epi when he put me on Trileptal (I should have looked that one up - the fault lies with me) - and I had a horrible (BLEEP) with that one and nearly ended up in the ER - and it was 2 weeks when I found out that Trileptal was Tegretol with Oxygen! Grrrrrrrrr!

It seemed that the Epi was causing more seizures than I normally had, and he seemed to be so pressed towards surgery than anyone I've ever known. But once right out of his hands, I sustained Back-to-Back Tonic Clonics with Complex Partials ... and not to mention, bitten sides of my tongue twice and lost 2 teeth (and one I have in my possession that the hospital gave me) and cracking and chipping teeth, I was in a mess.

Everyone was relieved that I was out of his (Epi) hands!

Current meds I'm on is Zonegran 400 mg & Klonopin 1.5 daily - and it's been doing so well, like the southern adage goes, "Ain't broke, don't mess wit'it!"

I do not know what their next step will be... Since I have a great Trio of Doctors - the Primary, Cardiologist & Neurologist - all working together.

So right now - just one step at a time and playing it cool!

" Vujà Dé - The feeling you've
never been in here before!"

Daily Feedbag of Zonegran, Clonazepam, and Folic Acid

Last edited by southie; 04-11-2007 at 06:10 AM.
southie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote