View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all,
Its been a while since I have been here, I guess life is just getting me further down the drain. I have a new appointment to see my surgeon at his private practise, but we are financially screwed so I am going to have to cancel and wiat till the money is saved to see him. My disability support claim was rejected and I was told to come back in 2 years. My eldest daughter has moved out as she can no longer cope with my mood swings, the tablets Im on to keep the migraines away make me drowsy daily and I have been assessed as not being able to work for 12 months. I want to know what future ball they look into that tells them all will be fine in 12 months because Im damm sure nothing will have changed. My stutter will be there, my annies will be there, my inability to cope with life outside my home will be there, so what do they know that I dont? I hate our medical system, it makes the poor feel poorer and soo many are dying because we are pushed further down the bottom of their barrel for help. Life sux and really Im over it!
Im at logger heads every day with my relationship, my girls are suffering and I feel like life has finally stopped with no where to go.
Lynn I agree that compared to some countries our health system is good, but its not good enough. How can we be sent to hospital, given a Dr appointed by the hospital, put thru outpatients then told right at the end when u have exausted every cent u have that u now must pay for the last step to surgery? I didnt elect to have this issue... I didnt elect to have TIA's, I have worked my tail off and paid for medicare all my working life just to be shafted when I need a return on all those years I paid and never used the system. That is unfair and drives even the most cheeriest of people into the depths of depression and dispair! I dont know if I feel any better for ranting on here, but somethings got to give soon because I am at my wits end and ready to pack my daughter off to her fathers, send my partner off and find some cave I can curl up in n forget about life altogether.
Some days I wake up n wish my annies would just rupture so I can be dealt with, other days I wake up wanting the world to just fall into a black hole of nothingness. AAARRRGGGHHHH
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote