View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Regarding Scrabble, When he wants to quit, he is likely mentally fatigued. It is better for him to complete many short tasks that get exhausted on a longer task. Pushing through is not successful with brain injury.

It is likely that he has a limit of only 15 minutes or so. Intense cognitive effort can be exhausting. And, don't try to mix talking and thinking. If he is trying to think of a word and you are talking, it makes his thinking very difficult and frustrating.

His sinus issues that may be allergies may be due to a strained immune system. My vitamin regimen has just about ended my allergies. Yesterday, I had my one day of hay fever for the spring season. We had 18 different tree pollens. I sneezed on and off a few times during the day and by today, my allergies are over.

I hope his sneezing is not causing trouble with his head. I have to be careful with the head movement when I sneeze.

Occasional use of an antihistamine should not be a big problem. I have used them a few weeks a year all my life until about 15 years ago. Any problems should only be temporary. Some of the newer meds may have a stronger neurological effect. I used chlorpheniramine maleate . I did not use decongestants like pseudoephedrine or antihistamines like diphenhydramine.

So, take it easier on him. Let him do simpler tasks with a break between. Let him set the pace. Too much video gaming may not be beneficial either. He may just use it to zone out.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-26-2012), MommaBear (04-26-2012)