View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camyam73 View Post
I too try to do the "one thing a day" idea... For me it is hard... I'm starting a lawsuit against the school where I fell, and my work is only about a five minute drive from my home... I always feel like if I go out, that my work will think I am faking, or if the school hires a detective that my doing my single errand for the day will be negatively construed....
Wow, that's a brutal addition of stress when there's already so much physical and emotional stress. I can't imagine what that must add.

I know about a week after my fall, my husband asked me if we were going to sue the owners of the property and owners of the horse that I was riding and I told him there was no way I could even consider that, the stress, the thinking, etc that would come with doing that. I still couldn't.

Besides, in my case, #1, I signed a waiver (which doesn't mean much, I know) and #2, I'm friends with the property/horse owner and #3, horses will be horses and it was a series of flukes from start to finish that ended with me on my head and my helmet smashed. (Not that I remember, I lost about 3 hours of memories, 1 hour before the fall and 2 after.)

I suppose I'm lucky, my life is generally setup around being home (my husband works in town and I run the hobby farm) so I've not had that change in routine... just have scaled back dramatically what gets done. I'm normally hermit- like

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
camyam73 (04-26-2012)