View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ugh

I am surprised you haven't killed someone yet. I have had several spinal leaks and know what the pain is like in an upright position. Have you talked wth your primary and asked him/her to advocate for you? You can't stay in bed indeffinately, hoping it will heal on its own. Perhaps your primary can get you a second opinion. I am all for going to the teaching hospitals and accessing the super surgeons but some of them are a pain in the butt when a post op problem pops up. The last time I had surgery, I got post op staph and the surgeon said that was impossilbe as he has NEVER had a patient who got an infection. LIAR!!!!! Not if he has been in practice for 20 years. He ended up dropping me without a single follow up check up. I wasn't trying to make trouble, just notify him. Those things happen. Besides, I had no idea who really did the work as he has an army of doctors doing their fellowship under him. Once you go to sleep, you don't really know who is doing the work or if your surgeon is even in the OR supervising. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote