View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I use an antihistamine every day. I did this before the injury I sustained too. About a year ago, my PCP who wasn't my Dr. when I started to receive treatment for the severe allergies I suffer from, suggested that I try not to take one every day and on the first day I got VERY congested and within a few days I almost got a sinus infection because I was so "stuffed up". It was awful. I couldn't be my own advocate still at that point, but my boyfriend saw what happened and told the Dr. and I'm taking it every day again! Much to my overall relief.

I suggest getting your son some EASY crossword puzzles. I like this one: http://www.amazon.com/The-Everything...ef=pd_sim_b_22

But there are literally hundreds of adult and easy crossword puzzles to choose from. My speech therapist told me doing them would help my word finding problems and it has, although they still need some work!

Anyway, if he has a smart phone, he can download words with friends. That's a great scrabble-type app that allows him to place a word on the board in his own time; he doesn't have to play a game to completion like he would sitting down playing on the board with someone else. If he doesn't have a smart phone, maybe you can just place the board somewhere in a room where he can come and go to it and place words there as he can handle playing and then you can too. You can put an index card down and when one of you is done placing a word, you can use it to indicate who's turn it is and then there is not the pressure to complete the game in a timely manner.

Have you looked into getting him some speech therapy? That might help him a great deal. And his therapist might give him some good "homework".
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MommaBear (04-26-2012)