Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
What do you mean by "I failed the scalene block" I do not want to go through the angiogram if I can help it. I am seeing Dr. J tomorrow and hope to go over some of this with him.
I had the scalene block and my rib didn't drop nor did my symptoms improve even temporarily. Dr. Ando, my physical therapist couldn't adjust the 1st rib down either because of dysfunction of the multiple ribs below the 1st. In surgery, Dr. Angle verified that the thoracic inlet/outlet space was super tight but the scalenes were not hypertrophied. My rib needed to come out.

This is just my opinion (definitely run all of this by Dr. J). You should seek a positive result from the scalane block/botox (I didn't want to go through the angiogram either). You may even want to get an eval by Dr. Ando. It may be possible that you can avoid surgery by working with Joyce and/or Ando. Ando told me surgery is not necessary for TOS in most of the cases he sees. Ask Dr. Jordan about Ando. Ando says he refers many of his TOS patients to Jordan for botox.

Hopefully you don't need surgery at all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
Why do women get their ribs removed? It must be some beauty thing I havent heard of.
http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/tu...c-surgery.html

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote