View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Diagnosed 9 years ago, symptoms since '94, so getting close to to 20. No classic tremor, but other signs all there. Grandmother had same, and a cousin from same side of family has MS. Exposed to DDT over 12 years. On sinemet from dx and entacapone added around 4 years ago, made a significant improvement. When I am really 'on' I function almost normally, but I do not get as much of this time as I would like.

Walking was one of my greatest pleasures, something I did regularly. Year on progression has taken that away, this year has been my worst. My other joy was gardening, very poor balance and fatigue has prevented me for 2 years. 3 years ago I had vegetables and soft fruit growing, and maintained it on my own. This year a gardener will come in and do the grass and cut back the hedges. Not a joy for someone who loved working the land.

I have 4 auto immune conditions including pernicious anaemia (perhaps related to levodopa use) that are much more recent.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (04-27-2012), Bogusia (06-30-2013), imark3000 (04-27-2012), johnt (04-27-2012)