View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pamela* View Post
I'm currently taking Gabapentin. It helps with the burning, but I have brain fog and memory problems on it. Docs have suggested trying Lyrica. I am open to it, but don't want to jump around on meds if I'm just going to have the same issues... I'm pretty sensitive to meds, and it seems like if there's a side effect I'll get it.

I'm only 24 and am trying my best to improve my life. It's so hard to get straight information from doctors, so I would appreciate any info you might have, especially if you've taken Gabapentin and another anticonvulsant so you can compare. But all accounts are helpful!

Sending you all lots of (gentle) hugs!!!

~Pamela
hey pam. I was put on neuron tin(gabapentin) and in the 3 months i was on it I can't tell you about much because it clouded my mind sooo bad . my kids called me ten second tom. I went to see i am number four in the movies and I didn't remember even going let alone anything about it. plus if it wasn't a regular pattern of life I didn't do it. that bad plus It made me bloat Baaad. I WENT FROM A SIZE 38 TO A SIZE 44 IN ONE WEEKEND . and it did nothing for my pain. I was finally taken off . then my psych dr put me on Lyrica to try and help with pain. well it didn't help that but it addressed my insomnia. it actually made me go to sleep. where ever i was. so waking up is an issue now but I can get a cple of solid hours a night of sleep . good with the bad. drug treatment is trial and error. I also take amitrypaline(elavil) with is an antidepressant also used for pain management and it helps with sensitivity. not a lot but enough where i can feel a difference. I also take amrix with is a muscle relaxant. that helps calm the spasms some and vimovo for an antiinflamatorant and antacid combined. it helps the joints and of course the heart burn. its a lot and its still not as effective as it needs to be but its life. speak with your doctors though and explain the best you can what you are going through if it helps keep a journal and bring it with to your drs appt,s. good luck and god speed
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote