View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default "Walking on golfballs" Is this a PN symptom?

Hi all,

My first post here, though I've been lurking for a couple of weeks.

While I haven't been diagnosed officially, it's pretty obvious to myself that I have PN (feet numb, pins and needle sensation)

Recently I started noticing a sensation in the arch of my foot, like someone stuffed a portion of a golf ball in my shoe. While I wouldn't describe the situation as exactly painful, it is uncomfortable and gets worse as I walk or stand. Initially I thought this was because my feet are swelling up because of another medication I'm on and the retained fluid in my feet was causing this sensation but I was browsing the forum here and I saw reference to a symptom of a "feeling of walking on golf balls" and I wondered could this be my neuropathy?

I haven't been able to figure out if by "walking on golfballs" people mean like walking on a carpet of golf balls, or if it's a single gold ball wedged into the arch of your foot.

Additional info, it does come and go recently I've been extremely active on my feet (new exercise regime) and it's flared up this week. Any insight is appreciated as I can't afford to see a neurologist for a while, so I'm just documenting my symptoms and reading.

thanks!
pbwithpn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote