View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Here is a study comparing oral with injectable.

Because in the past it was believed that oral was not an effect route, injectable was the only treatment given for B12 deficiency. Now there are studies showing oral works as well.
Studies cost money to produce, and B12 is not a drug where lots of money or patents are at stake. So finding reliable data on sublingual is not common.
The size of the drug molecule and its lipid solubility, determine success with sublingual administration. Both of these traits are missing for B12, which is very water soluble, and a huge molecule.
Because of the lack of data that is reliable on sublingual forms, most comments on scientific sites are like this one:

from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vit...hProfessional/

Certainly you can do whatever you like. I just suggest if you choose sublingual, keep it there for a LONG TIME and don't swallow. Most people find this difficult. Some complain of mucus membrane irritations, as well. To get the most potential from a sublingual given its lack of data ...do this on an empty stomach.
This brand that I'm using dissolves really fast - under a minute. I don't swallow and don't have a hard time holding it and letting it dissolve under my tongue. I think it dissolves so fast because it is only three ingredients - the B12 (methylcobalamin), lactose (milk) and acacia gum. It isn't like Jarrows and takes 45 minutes or whatever to dissolve, with all those extra ingredients.

I'm so confused. I read you say to always just swallow and get the couple micrograms from diffusion, but I read the complete opposite (never swallow and always use sublinguals) from others, like that Freddd person (whose protocol appears way too intense for me).

I just want to know that I'm getting B12 so that I can get better, and not have to keep doing shots.
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote