View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

started with a tremor in my right hand in november of 1990.

went through extensive tests, ecg, ekg, mri's, nerve conduction tests, blah blah blah

dx july 21,1991 with parkinson's disease. (neuro called it text book) at 26 years old, my kids were 6 and 8.

i graduated from drafting and design school aug 1992
worked in that field until i was medically retired june 2001.

i took and passed a motorcycle safety course in 2000, bought a harley sportster in may and put 10,000 miles on her by late november that year.

i couldn't eat and ride my harley because food interfered with my meds or canceled them out completely. so i lost 35-40 pounds. i'd rather ride than eat.

that was 9 years after i was dx and my 2nd neuro said i would only have a good 5 years to take care of myself. he said i needed to learn to live within my limitations. as soon as i had med insurance i dumped his negative behind and got a new neuro.

over the last 20 years i've been on:
sinemet cr
parlodel
early days of eldepryl (segeline) allergic-hospitalised for week+ at a time severe asthma (3 inhalers, nebulizer 4 x a day, steroids)

(early days) tasmar made my liver enlarged in hopital for a week or 2.
amantadine
sinemet
comtan
mirapex
stelevo
requip
been through various anti-depressants, sleeping aids, vitamins

at that time i was maxing out all dosage levels of sinemet, comtan and mirapex to work. it took me a year to slowly titrate down from mirapex and comtan. panic attacks slowly abated after comtan was discontinued.

with comtan and mirapex i was cleaning, tooth brush and q-tip scrubbing, over cleaning the house,accccck

collecting type ocd (i collected colored pens, pencils, craft paints, mostly, i did a lot of painting back then) abated with mirapex.

nasty business.

my mom said when i was 3 months old, i didn't sleep much, that i would be wide awake playing quietly. she said she had never heard or seen a baby that was awake and playing as i did for extended periods of time like i did. she said my 4 siblings would get fussy.

dunno i didn't start to sleep at night until i was 40. mayhap 1-3 days a month i don't sleep.

i was born with an arrythmia and mitral valve prolapse.

high blood pressure at 43, i take meds for.

i take sinemet, requip and effexor xr, a blue capsule and ambien cr

i'm 47 now, geeeze

sorry i can't spell for poo and i'd have to get up and go out to the kitchen to see what the blue capsule is called.

hope it helps
toadie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (04-27-2012), Bogusia (06-30-2013), imark3000 (04-27-2012), johnt (04-27-2012), rc4less (05-01-2012)