View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Just had a recent concussion and need help and pointers

Hi! I hate to start a new thread, but I am having a hard time reading and finding information I need. A few weeks ago, it wouldn't have been a problem as I was a pro at reading...and finding things on the web. I had a concussion on 4/1/12, and since my dr. told me I have post concussion syndrome. I am trying to get an appointment to see a neurologist, but it is looking like it will be a couple months. Until then I need help managing on a day to day basis, so I am hoping people here can help me with some strategies and just hope in general. My biggest issues right now are the fact that I can't read, concentrate, or mulitask...My short term memory is shot, i can't remember anything. But the biggest issue is that I am angry all the time. I used to be a really nice person, I never cursed, and didn't really yell much. Now as a stay at home mom of 2 I find my self yelling all the time, and cursing, and just angry always. People give me the advice that when I find my self getting overly angry I should just count to 10 or something, but the problem there is that I don't even see me acting wrong at the time... it seems normal. Later i think about it, and its wrong or my kids say something to me, or my husband. I need some help, also hope that I will be back to my old self eventually...or sooon even? please help
Jenib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote