View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm207 View Post
Based on the reduction of my pain in this position, can I assume then that my tos is due to posture, and that my posture has caused chronic shortening of scaleni etc over many years?
This may very well be the case. Some muscles will shorten and/or hypertrophy while others atrophy. These imbalances worsen your posture and you get stuck in a vicious cycle.

I always thought my TOS was due to my scalenes but it turns out I had multiple rib disfunctions that were pushing my 1st rib up while my scalenes are actually fine. The IntelliSkin worked wonders for me as I was never able to correct my posture through exercise. I had my left rib resected 8 days ago and I just did the test I posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Stand with your hands at your sides, keep your arms at your side and rotate your thumbs away from your body. Your shoulder posture should automatically correct. Hold this shoulder position when you bring your hands back to neutral to locate your ideal postural position.
My left shoulder is now already very near to the ideal position while my right is still slumping far forward. This is now making me think that TOS in and of itself can cause the postural problems.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote