View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Anyone have spinal fusion....

Hello,

I am seeking opinions, thoughts from especially people who may have had a spinal fusion. I need spinal fusion for a Triple Major Curve Scoliosis and Spondlisthesis.

Recently I started limping and having nightmarish muscle spasms in my legs, my abdomen and feet, even sometimes my hands. One of my Neurologists did extensive testing a year or so ago to rule out MS and told me that my spinal tap was slightly abnormal but he could not make a diagnosis f MS.

In 2009 I had a crainiotomy because my left 7th cranial nerve had a degeneration of the mylein sheath. I am naturally terrified it will happen again to that or some other cranial nerve but to date it has not.

At about that time I also had the same muscle spasms I am having now but then it subsided. It is not due to electrolyte imbalance or dehydration or any of the simple culprits. Evidently the muscle spasms are related to my spine, a pinched nerve or something but that does not explain it happening in my hands...I don't think.

I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel in my right hand a few years ago and declined surgery. This is hard because I write a lot but I have found that if I just rest the hand and use the supports I am OK...so far.

I have just completed extensive testing at a local neurological institute and am scheduled to meet with the director to discuss my symptoms and options.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has had a spinal fusion, especially a multiple level...and has scoliosis as well as spondolisthesis. I think that if one has a triple curve they must do the whole spine (gulp!). Any thoughts, ideas, experiences greatly appreciated. Thanks! I could not find a spine surgery thread, maybe I missed it...
skygardener is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote