View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraleeCRPS View Post
after 9 SLB, all over multiple areas of your body and you receive absolutely NO RELIEF where does one go from there with full blown CRPS? The APA DR IS wanting to implant a medtronics neurostimulator in me, but after the last injection i received on the 16th of april, something went completely wrong and i have been in excruciating pain ever sense. they did suggest i change my med to lyrica but i have to taper of the 3600 mg of gabapentin i take daily. i pray to God that once i get this medicine in my system it gives me some form of relief, but even the narcotics they have me on daily is causing me to be very discouraged because these aren't even helping the pain..........scared to death in texas!!!!!
Hi Sara,

You have certainly had more than your share of trauma in addition to CRPS. Pain can make us real desperate but please do your homework prior to having a spinal cord stimulator implanted. Spreads, revision surgeries and failure are common for CRPS patients.

Have you considered tDCS which is painless, non-invasive and quite effective for CRPS if you are a responder.

Unfortunately with CRPS the only way to protect yourself from procedures that can make you worse is to become your own advocate. This involves doing lots of homework and dumping doctors who cannot offer safe and effective treatments for CRPS.

Hope better days are ahead for you!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
saraleeCRPS (04-27-2012)