View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 07:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Syringomyelia, neuropathic pain and neurological deficit.

Please pardon my novice attempts to post...I am new to this technology.
My name is Meggie and I was diagnosed with idiopathic syringomyelia less than a year ago. I have since undergone a syringo-subarachnoid shunt insertion operation and have developed neuropathic pain, myofascial pain syndrome, a neurological deficit among a long list of others as I am sure many of us have (and yes the MRI picture is mine). I am currently awaiting a potential Chiari 0 diagnosis as I have tested negative for tethered spinal cord, arachnoiditis, meningitis, Chiari 1, trauma and have no signs of spinal cord tumor as of yet.
I wish to connect with others for support and to learn as much as possible about my disorders and subsequent symptoms. I have a basic medical background however never learned of syringomyelia until my diagnosis, so now I saturate myself in publications, available statistics and new hypothesis searching for personal understanding and a causative agent. I believe knowledge is power and that the psychological tole of living with chronic disorders is just as significant to that of the physical one.
If there is any information I might provide I am happy to do so...I warn I am a bit of a wind bag though. And if anyone might relate and like to share with me I would be most appreciative.

Thank you,
Meggie
Meggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote