View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your partying days are over. Even just alcohol will cause you serious trouble. You need to spend some serious time detoxing. Vitamin supplements will help. B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs), a B-50 or B-100 complex, Omega's, a strong multi-vitamin like GNC Mega brand and healthy eating. No caffeine, no alcohol or drugs, no MSG or artificial sweeteners (No diet Coke or Pepsi Zero, etc). It will take your brain a few weeks to start to get toxin free.

You also need to slow down your life. No late nights. You need good quality sleep with a quiet day time environment.

And, throw out the calendar for tracking your symptoms. You can be symptoms free for a month and just a little stressor can set you back to the beginning.

Most important, you need to start making decisions that take this experience into account. I was extremely luck when in 1971, I suffered my third concussion and started having more serious symptoms. My neurologist advised me to never drink alcohol. I tried drinking small amounts a few times. Once I had a large beer at a pizza restaurant. The next day I was a total mess. My brother called and noticed my struggles. He called later and asked if I was hung-over because I sounded very hung-over to him. I had consumed about 20 to 24 ounces of beer.

That was the last time I ever consumed alcohol.

You need to consider the same issue. Research shows that a single serving is not a serious problem.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (04-28-2012), EsthersDoll (04-30-2012), SpaceCadet (04-27-2012)