View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara052420 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced severe neck pain about 7 months AFTER decompression surgery?
my boyfriend had his surgery, felt great until about a week ago. he started complaining about neck pain & he doesn't complain unless its EXTREMELY bad...

also if anyone knew of any good doctors that specialize in chiari in the houston area?

Thanks!
I had Chiari decompression surgery done February 2011. The surgery and recovery went very good but I do wonder if my neck will ever be the same. I think it will always be weak. If I do anything to irritate it, something as simple as looking upwards, I will have severe pain for several days. I just wonder if maybe your boyfriend did something different that made the pain reoccur.(without even realizing it) I had my surgery at Emory in Atlanta, GA by Dr. Daniel Barrow. Very satisfied with the surgery because prior to having it I stayed in the bed sleeping all the time. I was diagnosed with Chiari I & Arnolds Chiari in November 2009 and had to have a shunt put in prior to having the Chiari surgery. The shunt has been a nightmare for me (8 total surgeries @University Hospital in Augusta, GA) on that alone) but since having the decompression surgery at Emory I am doing much better. I do have to take pain medicine daily but I feel blessed to be where I am today. Hope this helps in some small way.

Last edited by res5562965; 04-27-2012 at 10:11 PM.
res5562965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chiarihutch (11-16-2012)