View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The odd thing is that me and other people here had mentioned that PN started after losing weight, so it might seem that the weight loss could be somehow trigger it .
As I said in another thread, could it be that the losing weight disrupts the balance that the organism used to have about glucose handling because, say, now glucose gets higher because it has to be shared by a smaller body than before? less cells to feed? or there are now less adipocytokines andso the metabolism gets altered?
Pure speculation, but hey, if I know one thing is that biology is all about checks and balances.
(No that I would suggest trying to gain weight again to see if one restores the balance..).

Of course, it could be just a coincidence, no relation whatsoever, we were going to develop PN anyway, regardless of the weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjane View Post
I'm no expert by any means but I would assume that weight loss would be a positive thing for someone that is overweight and has PN. Especially if is caused by a metabolic or compression issue. I have heard that being overweight can cause an unhealthy posture and spine which could cause or exacerbate PN symptoms.
dyctiostelium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote