View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fward View Post
I was diagnosed with this disease in September 2010 anyone else out there with this disease? It has just recently caused me to stop working. Any one that has Thompsons I would love to chat.
sorry to hear that it made you to stop working. i read all the information i can get my hands on about MC and most of them say that its at its worst during your adolescent years. i strongly disagree with the reports. im in my 30s and in so much pain. ive always done my best to hide what i have. this is not easy to do. my legs are huge, i trip over things that arnt there, when getting up from sitting or laying down one of two things happen. i either stand and walk like frankenstein. or i stand up all wobbly and do my best not to fall over. and stairs...man i hate stairs. so many serious close calls. i try to hide it because im tired of trying to explain myself, and im just so tired of not being able to sleep more then 2 hours at a time. some nights are just worse then others. see this is why i dont talk about it. it turns into me doing nothing but complaining. its just so frustrating. i hope you dont mind me asking, but ive never heard of someone having to stop working because of MC. i can say that ive missed alot of work due to myotonia congenita that has resulted in me being fired and i work to slow sometimes which the uneducated assumes it because im lazzy. big sigh what can you do o ya i to have thompsons
litlebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote