View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Damn!..... I Fell !!

Ingredients:
-One happy to see me 'pup' (active 2 y.o. 13" beagle)
-one 62 y.o, 255 lb., PN man, w/balance problems, trying to pivot on one foot, to turn around and walk in another direction.

Result:

I Fell !!
Tripped up legs with a pup underfoot.... causes big oaf to fall down!
Damn !

The dog is always very happy & excited when I get home from work- hopping, & jumping around, & thru, & between, my feet & legs.
She got me off balance and I couldn't stop it ...... BAM !
(like a log - but flailing, all the way down)

My right knee is tender & sore, a bit swollen, & discolored today.
When I fell, the pain was excruciating and I felt 'wet' dripping down my shin. I thought it was a fracture and the bone had come thru & I was bleeding. Nope! Just the PN playing tricks.
Only a bruised knee & part of the shin -fortunately it was
on the w/w carpeting in the hall, but it felt like it was concrete.....
PN again.
I felt like 'Ralph Cramden' (Gleason-'The Honeymooners') doing
a pain 'shtick'. Pounding the floor, moaning "Arrrgghhh!.... Owww!!!..... It HURRTTS, IT HURRTTS!!"
& trying to catch my breath.

My better half sez "should I call an ambulance?"
I say....gasping.... "let's get my pants leg up and look at it first" (thinking it was poking thru the skin-a compund fracture-
blood - Ewww!!)- "but let me just lie here for a minute, and get my breathing and blood pressure, close to normal-OK?".

Upon observation, one would have thought it was 'all in my head', and I shouldn't have made such a big thing out of it- nothing looked wrong....until the knee started to swell, & I iced it down.(20-on, 20-off)

I'm not mad at the dog, but I did say...
"honey, I tole ya...... that dog will kill me one a these days".
(I must've said it at least once a week, since we adopted her from our local chapter of "Animal Rescue" - last Sept.)

I haven't had a fall since I went in the 3 ft. hole on the construction site (it was in a dark place, never saw it til I was 1/2 in & 1/2 out of it) about 2+ yrs ago. I still (and will forever) have the scars from my ankle to my knee - on the shinbone- same leg, the Rt one - it looks terrible when I wear shorts in the summer ).

Damn!.......
.....I Fell !