View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Doing the "wrong" thing

I'm glad we have a place to vent to each other--it really helps keep things in perspective!!

I've been having a lot of pain in my leg and foot, as well as toe problems on the other side, AND muscle problems in both legs. So a little while ago I was plopped down with my feet up, reading, chilling...and the doorbell rang! My husband wasn't available, so I squeezed on my slippers and limped downstairs to answer the door.

It was a lady from church, stopping by to hand me personally an invitation to the next women's group. I hope she interpreted my grimace as the smile I tried to make it into. I'll admit I was thinking, "What? You couldn't mail it? You had to make me struggle down here to take it from you?"

Well now really. How could she know? And the next person (or perhaps yours truly one of these days) might be sitting there thinking, "Oh, I wish someone would just stop by for a minute and visit me!" We're all different--yes, even those of us with MS are all different. Some are of the "leave me alone" persuasion, some lean toward "I wish someone would come see me", and I daresay some of us switch back and forth. Good luck to anyone trying to get it right.

And the invitation she handed me? So sweetly written and kind sentiments...and with the note "please RSVP so I can plan for refreshments", etc. RSVP? Me? That would be an automatic "no". I don't do ANYTHING I have to commit to in advance, even a day in advance. But I don't blame her, she's the one planning. And she would be heartbroken if she knew her "planning" put me out of contention from the get-go.

So, I'll email her a thank you for the invite and say I won't be able to make it. I so LOVE it when people invite me to something and say, "Now you don't have to tell me one way or another, I know how hard it is for you to plan. Just show up if you can, and if you can't I'll understand!" But I realize things can't always be like that.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-29-2012), aussiemom (04-30-2012), barb02 (04-29-2012), Dejibo (04-30-2012), doydie (04-29-2012), ewizabeth (04-29-2012), hollym (04-30-2012), jprinz99 (04-30-2012), Judy2 (04-30-2012), Kitty (04-29-2012), SallyC (04-29-2012), TwoKidsTwoCats (04-29-2012)