View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default so sorry

I am so sorry you are here and that you lost your daughter last yr. I am a mother to 3 teenagers that are all just driving, so scarey letting them go. The sooner after diagnosis the better your chances are of remission.

I have CRPS in my left hand/arm for 3 1/2 yrs now. It has cost me my job, career, gained 40lbs and so much more. I don't take "pain" meds but am on Lyrica, Cymbalta (yes-depression but also helps the nerve pain), Mobic (anti inflammatory) and Flexeril (muscle relxor for the horrible spasms). I have been through the nerve blocks, pulsed radio frequency ablation (made things worse), had a tens which did help, countless therapy-if you don't keep moving it it will freeze up. I did go through with the spinal chord implant. I had a trial first which will tell you if you are getting relief. I had the implant done a few wks after. At first I had about 70% relief and now it is 50% on a bad day and 70% on a good day. I have gone back to college full-time (so now I can also look forward to lots of student loan debt too). The spinal chord stim does help some of us, yes, some have had spread....everyone is differant. I just wouldn't knock it down quickly without talking to people that have had both relief and none, then make your own decision from there. Remember, they do a trial first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraleeCRPS View Post
What do any of you do to ease your pain? Has anyone had any luck with pain meds? I have this Crps in my upper and lower extremities, right side. I am on so many pain meds. Which none have helped with my relief. Depression I am aware triggers this and makes it worse, for Christ sake, I buried my oldest daughter last year to a horrible car accident and then caught this disease. How does one not be depressed? The holidays were just coming up last year at the time of my diagnosis and I just looked at them like they had lost their ever loving mind. It still seems like yesterday that it happened. The intense burning, stabbing, well, I don't have to tell any of you what this chronic pain feels like. I just wish it would go away or atleast they could find something to relieve this excruciating pain......I can't hardly take this any more...my driving now is limited to no more than 30 minutes before stinging and burning start ......which makes it very difficult to drive to see my granddaughter and visit my baby girls grave....IT IS JUST SOOOO DEPRESSING.....uggggg!!!!!!
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote