View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

The first thing I do is use Lidoderm patches. I take extra pain meds, and take hot baths with Epsom Salts twice a day if needed, have massage therapy with highly skilled therapists (don't wait till you're desperate to find a good one!) If it continues past a week or is obviously serious, then I start a course of steroids. I've managed to fight off spread this way. Prior to working out a combo that worked for me, I had areas that were beginning to get as bad as my original injury site. It took a combination of HBOT, warm water therapy, massage, meds, Lidoderm patches, and sessions in an infrared sauna to get a minor (untreated) ankle sprain back to normal. --It got worse very slowly and compared to my original RSD site, was so insignificant, it was easy to ignore for a long time. I've learned it's better to be cautious and never expect my body to react normally anymore. And I never need to run to the ER, either. I always have what I need on hand. If I ever find these things not working for me, I'd try and have a block done asap, or a Ketamine infusion--both of which I respond well to, at least for short periods of time.

The main thing is for you to figure out what calms your pain down, as well as having a doc that is committed to your treatment and that will give you TIME.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote