View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienft View Post
To me this serves as evidence that melatonin release lies in the diabetes pathway. Melatonin is released by the pineal gland, a gland in the low back center of the brain. Melatonin causes us to get sleepy. Melatonin also causes skin pigmentation by causing melanocytes to release melanin. Melatonin release is triggered by daylight cycles. We perceive daylight by receiving blue light on the retinas of our eyes. Too much blue light is harmful to our retinas. Our retinas employ carotenoids, like vitamin A, lutein, and zeaxanthin, to protect them from blue light. The carotenoids act as blue light filters.

We get vitamin A from beta carotene in foods like carrots. Beta carotene is relatively safe. We get lutein and zeaxanthin from green leafy vegetables. But lutein and zeaxanthin are concentrated in yellow corn and egg yolks. A body with out-of-control immune problems can start attacking lutein and zeaxanthin, and start attacking the tissues they concentrate in. The process causes a storm of inflammation, damages the retina, and harms the retina's ability to distinguish day from night. The pineal gland starts secreting melatonin erratically, in unpredictable concentrations.

A dollar to your dime says you have sleep problems too.

Stop eating yellow corn and egg yolks. Ensure a steady intake of carrots. Test your reaction to other orange and yellow colored foods, like yellow cheese and tomatoes.

For the diabetes, you should stop eating grassy grains (wheat, barley, rye and oats), and stop ingesting anything which tastes sweet including fruit. The sweets part seems daunting, because grassy grains addict you to sweets. Drop the grassy grains, and dropping sweets becomes easy. Your appetite will reduce tremendously.
I'm not diabetic, though. But I do have sleep problems, most of which are caused directly by stress and sensory overstimulation during the day rather than a chemical problem, I'm sure.
Indie'sOK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote