View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loci1967 View Post
I have severe RSD/CRPS in my right wrist/arm and it seems to be spreading. My doctor is trying all different kinds of meds for me but nothing seems to help the pain. I am losing mobility in the fingers on my right hand and I am seeing some contracture. I am at my wits end with this. Is there anything out there that will help me alleviate some of my pain.
My docs are always surprised at how good my range of motion is now, but I had years in the beginning that I stopped using my hand, guarded it, and lost mobility and it was beginning to waste away. First, you need to figure out a level of pain you can cope with. Then you need to figure out meds and whatever other strategies that will lower your pain below that level. Finally, you need to use your hand for short bursts of time and then stopping when you reach your decided pain thresh hold. As my pain edges toward 6-7/10, I stop and rest until I'm back to a 3-4/10, and then I repeat, etc.

Moving it in warm water is the least painful way for me. If you can't get to warm warm PT, try doing hand exercises in a bath with Epsom Salts! Wash a few dishes if you're able. Paint your finger nails. (It doesn't matter if you take it all right back off, the point is movement.) I still drop things constantly and have major dysfunction, but I do small things, for short periods of time, and it does help!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stressedout (07-14-2012)