View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Albrown! Sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. You came to the right place for support and insight.

I have had RSD for 20 years, been through so many different, unsuccessful treatments. I had two spinal cord stimulators implanted last June, cervical and thoracic, and am very happy with my decision. They had to go back in and change out the leads in the thoracic stim for paddle leads in November which work much better. My SCS's have not caused any spread or additional problems, my spread happened before they were implanted. I have RSD in both hands, left arm, left leg and right side of my face. I am by no means pain-free, but my pain is reduced greatly and I regained use of my hands and arm.

Everyone is different in what treatment works for them. There are many RSD sufferers here that have had success with SCS. You just need to research all of your options, and your dr, so you can be comfortable with your difficult decision.

I would also recommend talking to someone, like a counselor or therapist, about what you are going through. You would be surprised at how much it can help. You are dealing with something that is life-changing and we can't all get through it alone.

I hope you find some relief soon.
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote