View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

Praise and gratitude for your prayers.

I want to thank Michael especially for putting my mind at rest.

Everything went well with the surgery but while in Pre-op the power shut down to the OR and all these alarms were sounding....I almost got up and walked out. Thank God that my Surgeon was nearby and heard that I was losing confidence and wanted to just get out of there...he set my mind at ease and stayed with me for a little while until the OR room was prepared.

My husband offered some welcome humor and kept me smiling throughout our wait.

I was still very numb until I got home and prepared for an evening with my son. He had everything ready, pillows, book, candles and calming tea. He and I sat and watched a nice romantic comedy together.

All in all today I admit I am a bit sore, staying away from the pain medications as they make my stomach very upset. I asked for a pain patch but was told that the Oxycotin would be better for me as it leaves your system fairly quickly and works as soon as it hits your stomach.

Taking life easy today - the pain is about as bad as it was before the surgery so after three days I am looking forward to some relief.

Again - Quyana (Thank you in Yup'ik) Bless you

Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote