View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am or was part of a woman's group that meets once a month 9 months out of the year. When I got Dxd with MS I made the announcement that you simply couldnt count on me as "hostess" or the person who brings the food and chose the topic or the speaker for the day. The women were so kind. One volunteered to be my "hostess buddy" so that If it was my turn in the rotation, and I needed help, just call. she would be there. Others allowed me to be pulled out of the rotation for as long as I needed. Just come, enjoy some nice home made cake, and hear a speaker. I heard topics about hospice. the childrens home, the local florist and how to best care for your flowers, a cake maker on tips and tricks. A local woman who does your shopping, preps your meals, and loads them in the freezer. So, it was nice to get out for short visits.

Perhaps if you felt up to one, they could come get you and get you out of the house for an hour. The speeches are short, and enjoyable. the company is lovely, and the food is amazing. I have an agreement with one that anytime I want to end this and go home, she will leave the meeting with me, and take me home.

Im one of those that cry about how lonely I am, yet the phone rings and I blurt out WHAT NOW! Why wont the stop bothering me!?! I cant have it both ways I suppose.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-01-2012), Blessings2You (04-30-2012), ewizabeth (04-30-2012), jprinz99 (04-30-2012), Jules A (05-01-2012), Kitty (04-30-2012), SallyC (04-30-2012), Twinkletoes (05-01-2012)