View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default shunt malfunctions

I totally understand your frustrations. I have also been there. My child had a shunt placed when he was 3 months. He had brain hemorrage after having his valve opened due to a congenital defect. His shunt was ok but it was blocked just after 7 months. He had shunt revision in 3-07 and has been ok but last week, we had taken him to er for ct scan since he had fever and headaches. Ct was normal but he still had headaches and we were scared and confused as to if this is just a viral infection or what? I know how you feel because any time he complains of headaches, my husband and I are literally on our toes. My 5 year old like your 5 year old is a very happy and active and bring so much joy in our life but to see him suffer tears me apart. I know that the shunt has saved my child's life but the malfunction symptoms mimic the cold symptoms at times and I am always worried when he has a cold and complains of headaches, I totally fall apart. I wish you and your family all the best. Hope she gets over it.
zenny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote