View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the support guys! I just came back to delete my post, because it's a lot more negative than I like to be... but it happens. And then I noticed both of your very supportive replies, so I think I should leave it alone.

And you're right camyam73 - I have wonderful and supportive parents and they're dealing with their own issues. They do love me a lot and they try very hard to "get it".

My boyfriend is also usually very supportive and wonderful and I wouldn't be doing half as well as I am no without him.

I'm just so frustrated that I'm not able to be who I was before the accident and it feels like it's been so long. When I feel like this I get scared about having to deal with "permanent effects" even though my Dr.s given me a very good prognosis.

After I'm better rested my perspective will most likely lean towards being more positive and optimistic about the whole thing. I've noticed that when I'm tired I do very poorly emotionally which is a big reason why I try very hard to not overdo it; I don't like feeling so rotten.

It's just par for this course. (Can we play a different game now? Please?)

And Starr - I'm sorry to hear about the lack of understanding you've gotten from your parents (you too camyam!) (I feel like a spoiled brat sometimes...! I forget how good I've got it even though I'm not doing as well as I one was...) I hope you tell your parents that lots of people get concussions and you can get one in an auto accident that isn't even your fault (like me) so it doesn't matter how you got it, just that you did. I'm, personally, very proud of you for following your passion. (We need more people like that in the world! It would be a better place! Because people would be happier.)

EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote