View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy Oh, no.... a dreaded fall!

I did one similar... 2 yrs ago it is now. I had terrible pain in the knee, I iced it
and it only bruised-- no lasting damage....BUT....I had damaged my tendons in the leg..the Adductors. These did not blow out until a month later with devastating results. I am still not 100%, although my pain did lessen over a YEAR!

So I would watch it.. Stay off it,
and let it heal. (I was stupid and continued to work, go to the gym, etc--<kicking myself>). I did not feel anything in the groin at first...that came later. I think the knee pain masked the other pain.

You will have to watch the Dog Whisperer on Nat Geo channel and learn to get that dog to stop getting in your way. Falls, I think, are the worst danger to us.
They can be fatal (broken hip) or just debilitating like mine was.

You have my deepest sympathy. That fall of mine was stupid, and changed my life in a very negative way. I tend to fall/trip at least once a year, but mainly I don't injure myself, like the major one in the bedroom 2 yrs ago on a hard wood floor!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote