View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 02:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Im late too

Billie, Snoozie, KTM;

I had to get up with the birds this morning but didn't have the time to log on because I was helping my husband get out the door. For those of you that don't know, my DH is on medical disability and has been since 1991. (We got married in '89 but he already was pretty disabled then. Spinal cord injury from falling down a mountain on the job in Idaho.) ANYWAY, he was leaving to go see a friend who was flying in to meet him in Vegas. He can see lots of old buddies that way. They fly in for business and see my DH, too!

He wasn't going to wake me this morning but I knew it would be, "Honey, where is my . . ." anyway so I got up. My poor baby tried to learn how to pack his own suitcase when he married me but still struggles. His ex-wife used to do it for him but I was working a 10 hr. day job so that request went right out the window when he met me. AND, she made sure all of his shirts were organized in the closet by color and hung facing the same way, etc. He learned a new word when we got married. It was spelled: L* A * U * N * D * R * Y !!! And when the shirts went into the closet, there was no sorting them anymore. But I did cook and loved to cook as it was a de-stressor.

Now that I'm not working, I do iron some things but I'm just not good at it. And even though I love to cook and my intentions are good, by dinnertime I'm usually starting my nightly pain cycle. But I manage to feed him anyway. He loves to cook too but by 4:00, he is in worse shape than me. So whoever is able to cook, does.

Now that you have read Chapter One of my book, I'll say Bye. Catch ya later.

nancy-h

Last edited by nancy-h; 09-19-2006 at 02:24 PM. Reason: misspelling
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote