View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I would be cautious--

--about going down that one meal a day slope, especially if you are well within normal/slim weight parameters for your height. (It sounds like you have some body image issues. No judgment, but basing that on your reports, including the cosmetic treatments that may have contributed to the neuropathic symptoms.)

What are your height and weight at this point?

It's certainly true that there are people with slower metabolisms (although such people may just be efficient, or may need a thyroid work-up) who feel like they gain weight far too readily. But even such people need nutrients while restricting calories. What do you typically eat each day?

In general, I tend to suggest people emphasize lean protein, bulky, nutrient-dense vegetables (which help one feel fuller), fruit in moderation, and limited simple carbohydrates (such as breads or pastas). And REALLY simple carbs, like sugars, should be a special treat only (no one needs them every day).

And I still think spacing these out over a day--eating several times a day, a few or several hundred calories at a time--helps with maintaining good blood sugar levels and minimizes fat deposition.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (05-01-2012)