View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I was in an area where I could go to a support group, they were all good. They were nice to everyone and didn't complain at anyone for anything. Wow! So I just remembered a good thing in my past, to put with all the bad memories of what illness did to me.
And Annagain, I could regale you with a similar tale about how drug companies and research firms try to categorize people with Porphyria (another disease I have). Those who have milder forms on tests (who actually may suffer a lot of chronic misery) are not even accepted by some authorities as "having" the disease at all. This makes for very difficult dx and access to treatment. Usually those in this Porph limbo eventually get a dx unless they just give up and accept chronic disability without a name. And I expect it's true in MS too, some people are having exacerbations which are not formally treated as such.
I have had MS exacerbations which I recognized, and treated myself, with the advice of Dr. Swank--get back on the diet, rest more, do not push beyond your capacity, rest your eyes a lot. I didn't even go to a doctor about these.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-01-2012)