View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
xoponex can be used in inhaler form or through a nebulizer. it is a rescue type medication that opens up the airways during asthma flairups or attacks.
advair or symbicort is a medication you take everyday to control your asthma long term. it is not effective for immediate relief of an asthma attack.

it sounds to me like you need a rescue type inhaler for when you are constricted.

the advair is meant to be taken everyday regardless of wether you feel good or not that day.
Thank you for the information.

When Zygopetalum wrote that Flovent triggers the PN, I am now so scared to take anything that will worsen the PN. I need to relieve my breathing. So, its likes a choice between the "devil and the deep blue sea" My main concerrn is which is the lesser "evil"?

The doctors would always downplay the side effects of their prescribed medicines. I remember when a couple of pulmonologist told me that the asthma puff/inhalers are safe because its localized. When you are younger and has only singular health issue, you will accept this statement at face value. But, as you grow older and developing other health conditions, you become more vigilant about the interactions among medicines, more especially when you are in pain.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote