Thread: Need help.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Need help.

Hi, I'm new to the MS thread. I've been on the CRPS thread for a couple of years though. Recently I've been diagnosed with vit. B12 defieciency (142). Nerve conduction studies showed slower nerve conduction. I had all the tests associated with vit. B12 defieciency done the last one was the perietal nerve antibody test. It came back negative as did the folate test and the blood smear. So what is causing my B12 to not be absorbed? I've been taking 5000mg of B12 and it has risen to 500. To go along with all this I've been having tremendous fatigue, which only gets worse the more I do. I am still working thank God, but don't know long I can continue because this fatigue just keeps getting worse. On the weekends all I do is stay inside, I have no desire to do anything. It also seems to me that my cognitive ability is sliding. Before all my symtoms started I was walking 3-5 miles a day and had lost 70 pounds. Now I'm back up to where I started. The fatigue is mostly in my shoulders. It feels as if I have the weight of the world on them. I guess my question is could this be an early stage of MS? Appreciate all opinions.

Thanks for your consideration, Richard Smith
Checkmate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-01-2012)