View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Interesting story about low Magnesium levels

Thanks again for a great board.

I'd like to share an interesting experience with everyone, and get your thoughts.

If you check my history you will see I suffer from bilateral peripheral neuropathy of just the feet (check my original posts for more info).

Twice before in my life I have had GI issues of bloating, stomach aches, etc. 6 months ago I got hit by another bout and we discovered by using Amitizia I have problems with constipation.

Since magnesium helps treat constipation, and has nerve benefits, I started supplementing with magnesium citrate in ionic form 450mg/day. Basically 1.5 scoops of Natures Calm 2x/day (Thanks Mrs. D).

It worked so well I am off Amitizia; which I believe is safer. Sadly, I cannot say if it is helping my neuropathy. If it is helping it is going very, very slow. My GI doc liked that idea as well, but just to be sure had my magnesium level checked.

This morning I got the news I am at 2.1 mg/dL; right in dead center of the normal range 1.7 to 2 4. Obviously GI recommends I continue.

Other than I should continue taking magnesium, does this take me in any new diagnostic directions? Your thoughts?
dac122 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote