View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

That is interesting. I never saw anything in papers on that, Echoes.

Here are the FDA Drug reports:
http://www.drugcite.com/?q=singulair

Only .37% had paresthesia on this drug. That is not much. You can expand the categories by clicking on them, but the address does not change so I cannot link to that.

The most remarkable problem is depression (with suicidal ideation), and increased risk of pulmonary infection. This is because B4 leukotrienes are a signal for invasion/infection and people on high dose Singulair did have an increase in pulmonary infections, although not great.

I still think it is an option for Idiopathic PN... but it is between her and her doctor to decide.

I took this drug for several years, and stopped it when my asthma seemed to go into remission.

Certain drugs like beta blockers can make asthma worse, so my doctor took me off the Tenormin I was on for over a decade.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote